Monday, February 28, 2011

I have a long way to go......

It's 4am on 2.25.11 and Im sitting in my bed setting up my own personal cyber forum for thoughts. At the very momemt I am listening to the ocean waves (thank you AB's sound machine) -feeling very relaxed while George is sleeping across my pillow and Matt is sleeping on his back with his mouth wide open. Here is what I do know as I start this Avenue of blogging....

This blog will not live up to Miss Garretts. In fact I have to be quite honest here... I never really understood why she blogged. I use to think to myself "I already know that story, I already saw that outfit, I already saw that picture you took "... And the list goes on.

What made me personally want to travel down this road is when I saw Garrett unwrap a present from Sassy (aka Priss) and inside the paper was a hardback book of the years of Garrett's blogging. But in all actuality  it was a storybook of her life that Britton and Kenley will one day have to look back on.. On every moment, big or small, to have for their memories of their lives and family. I wish their had been tools this accessible 20 years ago that my mom could have used to have captured all the small and big milestones, first timers, one liners, horror stories, good moments, bad moments and the list goes on. At the end of the day, Someone can can come into your life and change everything, and someone can get taken out of your life and change everthing. I want my little one to be able to have it all written down , every little piece, tucked away on her bookshelf so when one day she is my age, she can look back at our lives and have every piece of it documented she could have ever asked for.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to Garrett's blog, I have now found yours! Love it, SBKJ...and I'm a total newbie to this too, but love and admire those cherrished "blog books" that our sweet little girls will have one day. xo

    ReplyDelete