So this sleep training thing.... It is so easy for me to want to give up and say to myself "people have been doing this for years without books just throw it away." Morgan was in town yesterday and we were going to meet for a quick nibble at some point that afternoon when I called her to bail because Allie Boone hadn't wanted to take a nap. I would put her down and she would wake up and cry so I would pick her back up again.
Over "SAINT" Morgan came, with lunch I might add, and she sat down and made ME a little plate of treats and in my Stoic, Hungry and Pregnant friend went to soothe my baby to bed. That's correct, I sat on the couch and ate while I watched my sweet friend intervene via video monitor and take control of my chaos. Even when I was feeling discouraged last night I sent Morgan a text message, secretly wanting her to write me back telling me it would be ok to give up, SAINT Morgan even knew how to encourage me via electronically!
Mistake Number 1 I have made:
Since she was born I have rocked her to sleep or held her till she has fallen asleep. Part of that was me just always wanting to hold her and because I love to rock her. Little did I think that as she got bigger and was getting older she wouldn't know what to do with herself when she wakes up in the middle of the night to get herself back to sleep.
We will get there!! We are heading in the right direction!!
Thank you SAINT MORGAN!
don't give up, stick with it. in a couple weeks you'll look back and say that wasn't so bad and it will be SO worth it!
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of you! You are way ahead of me in this department!!! xo
ReplyDelete