Childcare-
First and foremost, I took AB to her first day of childcare. I did it more for me because I know myself and If I had waited until the day I went back to work and gone into the full swing of things it would have been too hard. I had to ease myself and my mind into it. At 9:00 (although I had told myself we would leave the house at 8:30) I loaded her in the car and we headed over to Miss Anna's !.
I stood with my bag of diapers and stuff that I had packed and stared at for the last 3 weeks. I remember when I first brought her home and would get up to check to be sure she still had a pulse and my mom saying to me "Welcome to the world children, you will worry like this for the rest of your life." I left her there today and when I pulled away - I felt so comfortable I had to stop and pinch my wrist to be sure it was really me. I am so happy and grateful to be with Miss Anna!
Swaddling-
The last few nights she has managed to break out of her straight jacket / velcrow fleece swaddle suit. From talking to people and reading a few things online it led me to think maybe she doesnt want to be swaddled anymore when she sleeps. Arms free = welcome Sleep Sack!
Hair
I have tried blowing her hair dry to see I could get her hair to lay flat- I am going to keep trying however!
George
I took George to get his teeth cleaned since he insists on sitting by her and putting his face in her face quite frequentlySelf Soothing
In our sleep trainging book it talks about teaching the babies to self soothe themselves in the middle of the night. After I laid her back in her bed from her 2am feeding she laid on her back and kicked her legs in the air until almost 3:45am. Smiling the entire time - turning her head from side to side - just smiling.
Yes I stayed awake in my bed watching her on the video monitor smile the entire time. I took some other smiling shots!
No comments:
Post a Comment